Testing for any scenario
Closed Loop – In the Lab
for chipset, software, and device vendors
- Simulates a complete broadband and home network, both WAN and LAN
- High-performance hardware with the latest wired and wireless test interfaces simulates your device’s test environment
- Test directly over Ethernet, Wifi, or through an access concentrator (DSLAM, CMTS, OLT, or LTE eNodeB)
- Great for repeatable, controlled regression testing
With Application Access
for managed Wifi or cloud enabled devices
- All the benefits of closed loop testing with the ability to reach external resources
- Routes test traffic and network traffic separately
- Gives access to cloud management systems, startup resources, or real-time applications
- Great for consumer Wifi vendors
Simulating a DOCSIS Network
for Cable/MSO Providers and Vendors
- Test Cable Modem and eRouter interface all in one setup
- A complete DOCSIS provisioning system with DHCP, TFTP, Time of Day, SNMP, and more
- Verify performance limits, TR-069 configuration, Wifi configuration, and more
- Great for Cable service providers and vendor labs
With comprehensive, standardized test coverage
CDRouter is comprised of our core platform and a number of available add-on modules. CDRouter and its add-ons can build out your test capability to thousands of test cases covering hundreds of protocols.
- CDRouter Base
- CDRouter ICS
- CDRouter DOCSIS
CDRouter’s core test module contains thousands of test cases that perform rigorous, comprehensive protocol and functional testing of your consumer and business routers, gateways, and other CPE products, including:
- WAN connectivity – DHCP, static IP, PPPoE, PPPoA, PPTP, L2TP, and access control using 802.1x.
- Network Services – DNS, Dynamic DNS, DNS relay, NTP, RADIUS, and more.
- Routing and Forwarding – NAT, port mapping, ICMP forwarding, RIP, and more.
- Security – Firewalls, VPN, DMZ, and known CPE security flaws
- Scaling – See how your device handles large numbers TCP connections, LAN hosts, and Wifi clients.
- Applications – Verify that your device can handle the protocols that users use most – HTTP/HTTPS, SIP, xBox, UPnP, and more.
CDRouter ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) is a test setup expansion for devices that are cloud managed, require the retrieval of configuration data from a remote source, or rely on connections to other online applications to operate. By routing test and application traffic separately, your managed Wifi, cloud enabled smart home devices, and more can all benefit from CDRouter testing.
The DOCSIS add-on for CDRouter simulates the network services required for a fully featured DOCSIS network, letting you test cable modems and eRouters through any CMTS. This plus new test cases that exercise configuration, routing, application, and performance metrics in a repeatable, automated environment that makes cable/MSO testing easier than ever before.
The CDRouter Multiport module lets you test devices with complex network setups or applications that require multiple WAN or LAN ports to be active during testing. Multiport allows CDRouter test setups for devices with more than one physical or logical WAN port, such as those requiring separate management and data connections, or those supporting multi-service connections requiring QoS.
CDRouter Performance combines the powerful and standardized functionality testing of CDRouter with the ability to run stateful, line-rate traffic through your device under test. This lets you prove that device functions don’t impact network performance, that QoS policies set up on the device perform properly, and that a device’s performance does not degrade over time. This is a brave new world for CPE testing.
CDRouter is the official test platform for the Broadband Forum BBF.069 Certification program. The CDRouter TR-069 module transforms your CDRouter platform into a fully scriptable ACS emulator to test device implementations of the Broadband Forum popular TR-069 CPE WAN Management Protocol (CWMP). Whether you are an ISP, OEM, chipset, or TR-069 stack vendor, CDRouter TR-069 can ensure that your devices communicate and correctly manage data models, whether they are gateways, routers, or end devices such as STBs, VoIP endpoints, or NAS.
Are you making the transition to IPv6? Are your customers demanding dual-stack functionality in your CPE products? CDRouter is IPv6 capable with the CDRouter IPv6 test module, letting you gain access to all of the WAN-side and LAN-side network elements necessary to simulate a complete IPv6 test environment within a single test platform.
For security gateways that support VPN and IPSEC tunnelling, the CDRouter IKE module allows CDRouter to simulate hosts connecting through these IKE based features to ensure that your device’s VPN connections are secure and robust. CDRouter IKE can also be combined with CDRouter’s application tests from other modules to allow application traffic to run over VPN connections.
The CDRouter Storage module provides test coverage for both stand-alone NAS (network attached storage) devices and NAS functionality that is built into your home gateway or other CPE. With support for file system and transfer protocols such as SMB/CIFS, FTP, and FTPS, CDRouter Storage can quickly verify the functionality and behavior of your device’s storage capabilities, whether internally or externally.
The CDRouter Nmap module combines CDRouter’s expansive test and automation functionality with Nmap, the industry’s leading network exploration and security auditing tool. With automatic scanning across all WAN and LAN configurations, you can find out how your CPE device will appear on live networks scanned with Nmap. CDRouter Nmap is critical for ensuring the security of home and business gateways, routers, and other CPE.
For business class CPE that contain SNMP agents, CDRouter SNMP gives you a fully automated and scriptable SNMP NMS simulator to test the conformance and functionality of SNMP on your device. You can import your own MIBs or test to the industry standard MIBs, and test on both the WAN and the LAN. In addition, CDRouter SNMP includes a complete set of test cases that exercise all SNMP PDUs and some of the most common statistics parameters found in broadband CPE.
CloudShark is a capture management system designed to work with CDRouter, letting you view and analyze captures anywhere, on any device. In addition, CloudShark adds advanced annotation and collaboration tools, lets you decrypt SSL data without giving out private keys, and acts as a central, searchable repository for all of your CDRouter capture files.
The NTA1000 is a pre-configured high performance network test appliance optimized for CDRouter. The NTA1000 comes installed with the latest version of CDRouter and contains all of the hardware and software you need to run CDRouter out of the box, including performance and scalability on the latest network interfaces.