The popular review and ranking website for home networking, Wifi, NAS, and other connected consumer devices, smallnetbuilder.com, has revamped its test procedures and will be adding a host of functional, scaling, and performance test cases exclusive to CDRouter to measure and rank the quality of small network equipment:
“We’ll be checking DNS, DHCP, UPnP, NAT, firewall and many other routing functions on every router we review. As far as I know, this will make SmallNetBuilder the first publication to perform exhaustive and consistent functional router testing.” - Tim Higgins, smallnetbuilder.com.
This is exciting news for the retail consumer networking world. For performance tests, SNB will be running the following tests from CDRouter Performance:
- TCP download throughput test WAN to LAN
- TCP upload throughput test LAN to WAN
- TCP bidirectional throughput test
- UDP download throughput test WAN to LAN
- UDP upload throughput test LAN to WAN
- UDP bidirectional throughput test
You can download a list of the functional CDRouter tests the smallnetbuilder team uses here.